Subject: Re: idea for formalising committal of new features.

Re: idea for formalising committal of new features.

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 19:02:06 +1000

On 24 Aug 2010 18:20, "Frank Gevaerts" <frank_at_gevaerts.be> wrote:

> Maybe we could add some statuses to flyspray to reflect this (and
> actually use flyspray statuses a bit more effectively). That won't help
> much directly, but being able to quickly see for which tasks it actually
> makes sense to spend time might encourage more people to actually spend
> time on patches.

Using flyspray better is obviously something we need to do :) and with
that, maybe we should simply break tracker week/days into feature
areas so those that care/know about that area will be around to make
decisions?

Maybe we schedule a weekly tracker review (with plenty of warning)
like "on X date we will review all bugs/patches which apply to the
database". Then those people who dont care one way or another over
those taks ignore it, and those that do can help.

This does bring the problem where some features dont have an active
maintainer (like the database :p ) but then addng a patch which
appears to work and not break anything wouldnt change that.

Does flyspray support plugins? are there any out there which might help us?