Subject: Re: RSB vote time

Re: RSB vote time

From: Antony Stone <Antony.Stone_at_rockbox.open.source.it>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 23:56:17 +0200

On Friday 03 September 2010 at 22:09, Frank Gevaerts wrote:

> Each committer has the opportunity to vote for 5 people they want on the
> board, each name is one vote.

Just out of interest, is 'committer' something which one becomes by committing
to the Rockbox code, but one can never cease being, even if one's only
committment was (say) five years ago?

Or is there a mechanism whereby committers expire?

I just wonder whether the people eligible to vote are the people who are
currently most involved, and possibly more importantly, whether the people
being voted for are the people still most in touch with the project.

Antony.

--
Anyone that's normal doesn't really achieve much.
 - Mark Blair, Australian rocket engineer