Subject: Re: RSB vote time

Re: RSB vote time

From: Jonas Häggqvist <rasher_at_rasher.dk>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2010 00:13:50 +0200

On 03-09-2010 23:56, Antony Stone wrote:
> On Friday 03 September 2010 at 22:09, Frank Gevaerts wrote:
>
>> Each committer has the opportunity to vote for 5 people they want on the
>> board, each name is one vote.
>
> Just out of interest, is 'committer' something which one becomes by committing
> to the Rockbox code, but one can never cease being, even if one's only
> committment was (say) five years ago?
>
> Or is there a mechanism whereby committers expire?

Committers don't expire. Some have however stopped working on the project.

> I just wonder whether the people eligible to vote are the people who are
> currently most involved, and possibly more importantly, whether the people
> being voted for are the people still most in touch with the project.

I imagine that most people who are out of touch with the project either
isn't subscribed to these lists, and hence won't know there's a vote on or
won't bother voting.

As for who's voted on, the fact that we are a bunch of people voting
should somewhat avoid the risk of electing someone who has no idea what's
happening.

Also note that the RSB has never performed any action yet.

--
Jonas Häggqvist
rasher(at)rasher(dot)dk