Subject: Re: jdgordon: r28078 - trunk/apps/radio

Re: jdgordon: r28078 - trunk/apps/radio

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 22:57:44 -0500

  On 9/14/2010 10:22 PM, Karl Kurbjun wrote:

> Anyone that knows the language syntax can quickly determine the
> purpose of the commit by looking at the diff if it was not clear to them.

The point of the commit log is so that someone can skim descriptions
rather than having to read through the diff of commits.

The reason for this post was less to single out something specific, but
rather to ask the question "should we ask that commit descriptions have
a minimum level of descriptiveness?" For that reason, it's pretty
essential that it be publicly discussed.

I also don't think anyone was particularly impolite, so I don't see your
reason for the focus on that word.