Subject: Re: jdgordon: r28078 - trunk/apps/radio

Re: jdgordon: r28078 - trunk/apps/radio

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 11:38:05 -0500

  On 9/15/2010 10:28 AM, Amaury Pouly wrote:

> But anyway, this thread is going nowhere. Being able to modify the log
> would be a good plus, for sure.
I think "being able to modify the log" is good, but it doesn't change
this discussion much - being able to modify the log would be a solution
when someone forgets, or tries to make it descriptive but ends up with a
description that isn't very good. Would it be acceptable if someone
takes "the log can be modified" to mean "I don't need to try, because
now it makes it someone else's job to fix my commit messages, and I can
keep doing intentionally less descriptive ones?" The manual has at times
become like that where feature authors have just written the feature,
then posted a bug on Flyspray saying "this feature needs to be in in the
manual" and left it at that.

I guess my question is, do we want to ask people to *try* for useful
commit messages, or do we want to say "if we can edit them later,
anything is okay?"