Subject: Re: Segfault with Faster MDCT patch and -fPIC

Re: Segfault with Faster MDCT patch and -fPIC

From: Dave Hooper <>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 11:29:59 +0100

I suppose gcc doesn't actually know whether I want to use the value of pic
or not, when I explicitly say register("r10"). So I think it's assuming I do
want the value of pic and that 'i know what I'm doing'. If I unrolled those
macros somewhat so that I don't need to keep registers live across macros it
would probably make it easier + cleaner.