Subject: Re: RE: Segfault with Faster MDCT patch and -fPIC

Re: RE: Segfault with Faster MDCT patch and -fPIC

From: Dave Hooper <dave_at_beermex.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 21:04:46 +0100

Right exactly (and changing pic register or changing one hardcoded register
for another definitely hacks). I'll try and take a look later on but should
just be a case of stopping trying to define/reuse these register variables
between macros and have clearly defined scopes that gcc can understand in
the usual way.

>> I suspect gcc is failing to stack it because it thinks I want to modify
>> it. The explicit register("r10") stuff is a bit of a hack really, and I
>> could easily see that gcc interprets my intentions differently than I
>> had originally assumed.
>>

> IMO hacks aren't the best idea since I want to get this into libtremor,
which means it has to compile with more then just gcc.