Subject: Getting agreements

Getting agreements

From: Daniel Stenberg <>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2010 14:39:39 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 9 Oct 2010, Jonathan Gordon wrote:

> We really need to have a proper discussion on how to get consensus/agreement
> from the (active) dev group.

My suggestion for what's required to get a new feature added:

Three devs (expressed) in favour (+1), and none being against (-1) given
enough time to react (ie more than 24 hours).

If there's anyone agaist it, there must be reasons specified for the negative
vote and there should be a discussion for what's needed to make the veto go

I believe this is roughly how the Apache foundation does it. If we want to, we
can check that up more careful to see if we can adapt their "rules" even more

Just my idea.