Subject: Re: Release 3.7, freeze on monday

Re: Release 3.7, freeze on monday

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 13:58:56 -0500

  On 10/11/2010 1:48 PM, Frank Gevaerts wrote:

> I'm not convinced that the RSB is the right place for this. While I
> strongly believe that the RSB is needed in case of conflicts, I'm loathe
> to grant the RSB the power to decide on the actual rules.
>
> Basically, I don't think rules should be made by the same people who have
> the power to tell you that you're not following them.

Well, there will be a lot of proposals for what are useful rules for
this, and objections to those same rules. There's like to be a lot of
conflict.

What the RSB could do, instead of making a final decision, could be to
draft the rules. We all argue it out here, then at some point we stop,
and the RSB cherry-picks a selection of what they feel is a reasonable
solution. Then the rest of us actually vote on the proposal put before
us by the RSB?

Basically, if we're to have a full vote on this matter, someone will
need to decide what is actually getting voted on. Which proposed set of
rules (assuming there's not general consensus, which seems uncertain at
best).