Subject: The next release

The next release

From: Dave Chapman <dave_at_dchapman.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 22:47:06 +0100

Hi,

The "Release 3.7, freeze on Monday" thread seems to have been hijacked,
so to bring the subject up again, are we freezing now?

I'm also trying to catch up on Rockbox developments over the past few
months, and am wondering if the theme breakage is a reason to bump to 4.0?

I've read the earlier thread about waiting for something big, like a
stable RaaA port before 4.0, but maybe that could be the reason for 5.0,
along with a big (long-term) push to reduce the number of open bugs.

 From a user's point of view, I think referring to themes working with
Rockbox 3.x or Rockbox 4.x has a nice simplicity.

Dave.