Subject: Battery level voice crumbled at start-up

Battery level voice crumbled at start-up

From: asettico <>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 16:48:00 +0200

Hi all.

Booting the DAP when the battery level is under the 50% of charge, RB
speaks how much battery still remains, but the voice message is crumbled
by the current playlist buffering thread. Also, I normally use the
dircache, draining further CPU cycles.

I was thinking to raise just the voice thread priority, but, looking at
the code, I read this comment in apps/pcmbuf.c:278 (r28276): "Keep voice
and codec threads at the same priority or else voice will starve if the
codec thread's priority is boosted".

There is a simple way to avoid this annoying behaviour?
Thanks for any help.

  ,= ,-_-. =.  asettico ~ [   ]
((_/)o o(\_)) OpenPGP ~~ [ 1024D/1CB926BA 2003-11-29 ]