Subject: Re: Making absolute point mode default

Re: Making absolute point mode default

From: Antony Stone <Antony.Stone_at_rockbox.open.source.it>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 00:40:14 +0200

On Wednesday 27 October 2010 at 00:20, Paul Louden wrote:

> I'd like to repeat my questions regarding DPI, screen size, and stylus
> vs finger - do we actually intend to treat different DPI screens with
> the same resolution differently?

I find this question hard to manage - isn't resolution a quantity, which is
measured in units of DPI?

How can screens of different DPI have the same resolution?

> If not, is there any reason a "first draft" of these screens can't be done
> in the simulator, to be tweaked if it doesn't work well on the target?

I thought the earlier answer of "you cannot sensibly use the sim for this
because the mouse is a terrible simulation of the thumbs, and because there's
generally a huge DPI mismatch between PC and device displays" made a pretty
good case why the simulator doesn't work well for this sort of development /
testing.

Antony.

--
"Black holes are where God divided by zero."
 - Steven Wright