Subject: Re: Making absolute point mode default

Re: Making absolute point mode default

From: Thomas Martitz <>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 01:54:40 +0200

On 27.10.2010 01:40, Paul Louden wrote:
> You and I seem to have a different definition of "usable." Can we step
> back for a moment and settle on the English definition of "can be used"?

Ok, for a moment.

I agree the grid can be used.

Can we now step up to usability (as in again? That's what I was arguing

As for your other ideas. I find improving the grid mode in any way is a
waste of human resources, which we don't have as a volunteer effort
project with 2 or maybe 3 people caring about UI at all (and with caring
I mean caring enough to spend time on working on the code). That's why I
want to get the ball rolling into the absolute point mode direction as
fast as possible, and why I propose to change the default on all targets.

Best regards.