Subject: Re: Making absolute point mode default

Re: Making absolute point mode default

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 18:58:42 -0500

On 10/26/2010 6:54 PM, Thomas Martitz wrote:

> As for your other ideas. I find improving the grid mode in any way is
> a waste of human resources, which we don't have as a volunteer effort
> project with 2 or maybe 3 people caring about UI at all (and with
> caring I mean caring enough to spend time on working on the code).

You claim to care about it. Rather than breaking screens so that things
are, literally, unusable, why not take fixing the grid mode into your
own hands since you seem to feel it's vitally important absolute mode be
enabled ASAP? I wouldn't think it's too much a stretch to say "if you
want to get this mode enabled, ensure it won't take parts of Rockbox
away from users."

Even if absolute mode can't be tested in the sim (something I'm not
convinced of), an improved grid mode certainly can.