Subject: Re: coding style

Re: coding style

From: Marcin Bukat <marcin.bukat_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 10:00:15 +0200

2010/10/28 Amaury Pouly <amaury.pouly_at_gmail.com>:
> Before debating any further, the question is whether someone ever
> encountered a piece of code which he/she thinks completely breaks the
> overall coding style. I think there aren't much and a decision can be taken
> for each of these files without the need of a formal coding style.
> What I mean is that I don't see the point of a formal coding style is
> everyone is happy with the current code state :)
>
> Amaury Pouly

Sorry, but the answer is in the form "I don't know what it will do, I
will not use it so no one will find this usefull".
I found this simple script usefull when hacking sources. Moving pieces
of code, adding something, adding simple comments, to know what I am
messing with, usually breaks 'coding style'. At the end I don have to
manually ident my work but rather pass it through the script which
will do 99% of the work for me.

If you like to spend your time hand identing or you use programming
environment smart enough to do it is up to you.

Marcin Bukat