Subject: Re: coding style

Re: coding style

From: Amaury Pouly <>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 10:10:51 +0200

> If you like to spend your time hand identing or you use programming
> environment smart enough to do it is up to you.

Perhaps I misunderstood what you mean but it seems to me that there is a
difference between:
(1) keep each file consistent either by hand checking or by using a tool
which automatically identify the coding style
(2) have a single, uniform coding style among the whole codebase so that we
know the exact parameters of a tool to automaticaly check if we ensure
coding style

Currently, the policy is (1) and it's up to each programmer to decide how to
do it (either by hand or using a tool). What you propose is (2). Am I wrong

My previous mail was of the form: do you have an example to motivate (2) ?
If not, why do you propose this change ?

Amaury Pouly