Subject: Re: coding style

Re: coding style

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 10:51:08 +0200

On 2010-10-28 10:00, Marcin Bukat wrote:
> I found this simple script usefull when hacking sources. Moving pieces
> of code, adding something, adding simple comments, to know what I am
> messing with, usually breaks 'coding style'. At the end I don have to
> manually ident my work but rather pass it through the script which
> will do 99% of the work for me.
>
> If you like to spend your time hand identing or you use programming
> environment smart enough to do it is up to you.

I think having a script that can indent your code in a style acceptable
in the Rockbox project could be useful as an example, especially when
you create new files to be added to the project.

However, we do not want anyone to reindent existing files with or
without a script, since that makes it so much harder to review changes.

Linus