Subject: Re: Making absolute point mode default

Re: Making absolute point mode default

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 11:21:09 +1100

On 1 November 2010 03:24, Thomas Martitz
<thomas.martitz_at_student.htw-berlin.de> wrote:
> Ok, I made absolute point mode default on RaaA and the Onda targets now. I
> left the others (d2, mr500) out because I'm tired of this discussion. May
> those never get fixed.
>
> Best regards.

So what was the point of the thread if you were just going to ignore
the decision because you don't like it?
This needs to be reverted.
There are at least 4 no's in this thread which is more than enough to
kill any changes, and all 4 no's agree on my points that would take
all of maybe an hour work to be acceptable (which would mean *all*
touchscreen targets could get it instead of just 2).

Android might pass the conditions of not being able to get stuck in
any screen (except panic), but IIUC the onda sure isn't. If that ports
main dev says it is ready is mostly irrelevant. Defaults are *not*
there for the devs, they are there for new users, so changing that to
absolute was no question against the vote.

Pushing this change (and especially with that attitude) is selfish and rude.

Jonathan