Subject: Re: Release management

Re: Release management

From: Björn Stenberg <>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 16:29:14 +0100

Alex Parker wrote:
> 1) Release manager.
> Frank Gevaerts and myself have declared ourselves willing

Very good initiative. I agree two people is better than one for this role. And I can't imagine any better candidates than you two.

> 2) Release calendar

Good idea. I'll set up a rockbox google account which can own this.

> 3) Point releases
> 4) Release frequency

I'm not entirely convinced of the benefits of a two-tiered release system, but I'm willing to try it. And if we make bug fix releases, I agree the feature releases can be a little less frequent.