Subject: Re: kugel: r28423 - trunk/apps

Re: kugel: r28423 - trunk/apps

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 08:14:40 +1100

2010/11/2 Jonas Häggqvist <rasher_at_rasher.dk>:
> On 01-11-2010 14:19, Jonathan Gordon wrote:
>>
>> As per the other thread my view is this should be reverted (for both
>> targets), no one is objecting to this when the target is ready (as
>> defined by not being able to get stuck in any screen except panic when
>> in stylus mode, and giving visual feedback that grid mode has been
>> enabled temporarily).
>
> I agree that it would've been nicer, but they're both "unusable" targets
> after all. And it's only the default. People can still change the setting. I
> don't think it's necessary to revert it.

That distinction is silly, this has now gone from a quick 1 hour job
for someone with a tiny bit of motivation - which would have fixed it
for all touch screen targets - to yet another thing to remember about
when deciding on bumping the ondos to unstable (why isnt onda
unstable? it appears to have the same limitations as the D2?"

On 2 November 2010 03:05, Thomas Martitz
<thomas.martitz_at_student.htw-berlin.de> wrote:
> I'm against reverting entirely, but even after your definition it needn't
> be reverted on Android since you cannot get stuck in a screen nor does the
> grid mode go on temporarily.

From your opening post on the topic.. "I'd propose to make the change
for all and force people to adapt the missing parts finally (the
absolute point mode is not a new thing at all)? "
Reverting android also gives you more motivation to fix it instead of
being lazy and passing the responsibility onto others (and yes it is
your responsibility, you broke the UI you need to fix it.