Subject: Re: Onda VX767 LCD dimensions

Re: Onda VX767 LCD dimensions

From: Maurus Cuelenaere <>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2010 10:41:25 +0100

Op 05-11-10 10:38, Thomas Martitz schreef:
> I'm working on a patch for which I need to know the DPI of a display (the
> scroll threshold for touchscreens, i.e. how many pixels you can move
> before the list code thinks you want to scroll).
> I noticed that what the Onda vx767 has for LCD_WIDTH (320) and LCD_HEIGHT
> (240) doesn't match with what I find on the Internet[1] (480x272). But I
> need to know the resolution to calculate the DPI.
> Does anyone who has got such a device can tell me what's going on here? Am
> I looking at a different vx767? Or does Rockbox not run it at the native
> resolution?
> If nobody answers I can only assume the latter for calculating the DPI,
> I'd pick Rockbox' resolution and the screen size mentioned on the page I
> linked (4.3").
> Best regards.
> [1]:

[2] is the manufacturers site, which has the same resolution (480x272), so the value in Rockbox is probably wrong.
Keep in mind that I never found adequate testers/devs with a VX767, so this port doesn't have a working LCD driver (apart from that, everything else should work).

[2]: <>

Maurus Cuelenaere