Subject: Re: brain dump regarding playlist management

Re: brain dump regarding playlist management

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 00:03:18 -0600

On 11/16/2010 11:53 PM, Jonathan Gordon wrote:
> 1) Main menu > playlists - That should open the playlist catalog
> instead of the menu you get now
>
> 2) context menu on Main menu > playlists should open the current menu
> 3) the default action on .m3u files should be to open it in the viewer
> 4) the context menu in the playlist viewer needs to be changed to be
> more inline with the browsers' context menus on audio files (so
> individual tracks can be inserted into the current playlist or
> anything in the catalog)

These all sound pretty reasonable. One thing - buttons like "resume
playback" and "stop" need to function the same in the playlist viewer as
they do in other lists if it's going to more or less transparently seem
like part of the filetree. The question them comes "if I hit Menu in the
playlist viewer, then menu again, should I be back in it as if it were a
folder?" I think if it's going to behave like this it should mimic the
file browser as closely as possible.

Does the playlist catalog have a limit to the number of playlists it can
manage?