Subject: Re: brain dump regarding playlist management

Re: brain dump regarding playlist management

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 21:11:03 +1100

On 20 November 2010 15:11, Teruaki Kawashima <kamekun_at_r6.dion.ne.jp> wrote:
> (2010/11/20 0:04), Dave Hooper wrote:
>>
>> It sounds good to me. It lets you play a playlist starting at any track
>> you
>> wish rather than necessarily the first. Of course, playing from the first
>> track is probably a common use-case, for which we could add an item on a
>> context menu perhaps.
>>
> If the Shuffle setting is on or there is bookmark, the selected track would
> not be the track which get started, so selecting track is no use here.
> I usually set shuffle:on and repeat:shuffle. When i want to start playback,
> just select a playlist i want and let it go.

ok, so at most you would have to do one extra click which isnt all
that terrible compared to the benefits for everyone else. But that is
a moot point now because I've taken LLoreans suggestion and only open
the .n3u if you select it in the playlist catalog (if this is how you
view your playlists already then it is 2 or 3 presses less anyway).

Currently my patch (not uploaded yet) does almost everything except
add the "insert to current playlist" context menus from the
filebrowser into the playlist viewer.