Subject: Re: Automatic multi-resume feature for podcasts and audiobooks (FS#11748)

Re: Automatic multi-resume feature for podcasts and audiobooks (FS#11748)

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 15:57:49 -0600

On 12/15/2010 3:51 PM, Thomas Martitz wrote:

> I think it's definitely better than requiring the users to set up
> complicated file filters. And it's seems be a solution somewhat
> accepted by both users and manufactures.

As long as it doesn't try to resume playback in every file in my
playlist, sure. If there's an option for that, it should default to off,
but if we're trying to trim options, I think that multiple-resumes
within a playlist isn't necessary.

But I think if you get rid of resuming in a playlist, you have to care a
lot less about which files to attempt to auto resume on. While choosing
a folder to resume within doesn't make resuming within a playlist less
of a problem, since it's primarily a problem in long files, the very
ones you're likely to keep in that folder.