Subject: Re: Automatic multi-resume feature for podcasts and audiobooks (FS#11748)

Re: Automatic multi-resume feature for podcasts and audiobooks (FS#11748)

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 17:30:45 -0600

On 12/21/2010 5:22 PM, Mike Giacomelli wrote:

> If theres a lot of use cases, and the ones the patch currently implements are implemented well, it should be committed and the additional cases handled in future patches.

The main problem is that the patch may go too far to address too many
use cases. It contains a lot of options that may not even be necessary
for the use cases it's targeted at. "Too much stuff" is much harder to
address in future patches than "too little stuff" because it's nearly
impossible to argue for the removal of an existing feature.

As I've said a few times, we should take a step back and try to come to
a consensus of what should be addressed ignoring what this patch does or
does not address, then hold this patch up against that and see if it
fits within that scope.