Subject: Re: Automatic multi-resume feature for podcasts and audiobooks (FS#11748)

Re: Automatic multi-resume feature for podcasts and audiobooks (FS#11748)

From: Thomas Martitz <thomas.martitz_at_student.htw-berlin.de>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 10:48:48 +0100

On 22.12.2010 10:37, sideral wrote:
> Second, even if the current playback position would be preserved, there
> is no simple way to return to it. You'd have to skip away from the
> track, then play it again. Stopping the track and then resuming
> playback wouldn't work because the Resume Playback function would use
> the current playlist's resume point near track start, which takes
> precedence in this case; I'd argue that anything else would be very
> confusing.

Well, you don't rewind to 0:00 because you plan to go back to where you
were. You do it because you either want to go to the previous song in
the playlist or to listen the current song from the beginning.

Or is this wildly skipping between resume points another use case we
need to handle?

Best regards.