Rockbox mail archive
Subject: Porting rockbox to Nokia N900
Porting rockbox to Nokia N900
I'm working on a Nokia N900 port of rockbox. Attached you'll find
my current code. It's working already quite nice :)
- Gstreamer based audio backend
- Stop playback on incoming calls
- Playback of music in "silent mode" (this was a tough one)
- Battery levels and runtime estimation
- Suspend screen updates if phone display is off
or the application is not in focus
- Adjust rockbox volume if the volume is modified from external
- Assembler optimized playback
The code is still a bit messy. I'm currently cleaning it up
for flyspray submission. Things on my todo list:
- Create something like a PLATFORM_MAEMO define
and make the N900 support optional.
- Use only one thread for N900 specific dbus communication
- Move gstreamer backend from pcm-sdl.c to an own pcm-gstreamer.c
- Remove "TOMJ" debug output messages
The improved SDL screen update code is already in FS#11834.
On that note: Happy X-Mas.
Received on 2010-12-24
Page was last modified "Jan 10 2012" The Rockbox Crew