Subject: Re: Automatic multi-resume feature for podcasts and audiobooks (FS#11748)

Re: Automatic multi-resume feature for podcasts and audiobooks (FS#11748)

From: sideral <>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 00:20:39 +0100

Alex Parker <> writes:
> On 4 Jan 2011 23:52, "sideral" <> wrote:
>> > This way only the tracks with resume info would end up in my
>> > database, saving me the couple of MB of RAM that the entire
>> > database (with my lots of files!) would otherwise take needlessly
>> > (as I don't use the database).
>> This may be a misunderstanding.  The autoresume feature does not
>> depend on the DB being held in RAM (tagcache_ram option).
> No, but as I understand it auto update does, so if you want resume to
> work on newly added files you will need either to rebuild the database
> each time or have auto update turned on. I could of course be
> misremembering this.

I believe you're correct.

I do not know whether Slasheri's statement encompasses the possibility
to extend the online DB with new tracks without enabling
tagcache_autoupdate and tagcache_ram, but I'd hope so. Anyway, I'd very
much like to help improving the database in this area once we're
finished with this discussion.