Subject: Embedded albumart

Embedded albumart

From: Magnus Holmgren <magnushol_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 10:39:28 +0100

Hi,

I must say I'd prefer if the embedded album art got a lower priority. If it
can't be decoded (or you'd just prefer another one), there's no easy way to
override the embedded one. That's annoying, especially when dealing with things
like podcasts. It'd be nice to just drop a file (once) on the DAP to override
the embedded one. Making "external" album art higher priority would fix that,
but I can see a point in letting embedded art override "album level" art. Any
opinions on that?

Regardless of the priority question, it looks easy to make Rockbox ignore album
art if it can't be decoded, with fairly small changes to playback.c. I'll put a
patch for that on Flyspray, once I've tested it a bit.

Also, does anyone know if the comment "find_albumart will error out if the wps
doesn't have AA" in playback.c is still relevant? Doesn't seem like it...

--
   Magnus