Subject: Re: Embedded albumart

Re: Embedded albumart

From: David Hall <dmhall_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 15:21:53 -0500

On 02/13/2011 08:51 AM, Magnus Holmgren wrote:
> On 2011-02-13 11:13, Jonathan Gordon wrote:

>> for the cost of an extra setting I don't see why this couldn't be made
>> configurable. Although I agree that it probably makes more sense to
>> prioritise the embedded AA over folder.jpg (or whatever).
>
> But that still wouldn't allow for easy overriding,

My gut is with Magnus on this one. I might not be understanding the
other side, but what is the argument for having embedded art trump
directory art?

I always come back to "do I need a PC within my control to 'fix'
behavior?" as my test.

If embedded trumps directory I need to access a tagging program to
change the behavior, in other words I need a PC I control.

If directory art trumps embedded art I simply need a way to copy files
onto my DAP, or move files from within my DAP. I can do that at the
library, at a hotel's computer, pretty much anywhere.

--soap