Subject: Re: Embedded albumart

Re: Embedded albumart

From: David Hall <dmhall_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 17:36:21 -0500

On 02/13/2011 03:31 PM, Alex Parker wrote:
> Now I'm guessing here that by directory art you meant e.g. folder.jpg,
> that is applied to all tracks in the directory, in which case I disagree
> with you (for the reasons below). If you meant on the other hand track
> art, such as filename.jpg, where there is an individual image file for
> each track then I agree with you.

Either or. The issue I brought up is valid either way - the need for a
tagging program to achieve your desired result.

> Imagine you have ten songs, one of which has embedded art. For that
> song you want to use the embedded image, for the other 9 you want to use
> a single other image. If embedded trumps directory, then no problem,
> copy a directory image over and it'll work - the one different track
> will use embedded, the rest will use folder.jpg.
>
> If the directory art beats embedded however, then if you want anything
> other than the same image for all files, then now all files have to have
> embedded art as otherwise no matter what else you have the single
> folder.jpg will win. Less flexible IMO.

We're both talking about edge cases, the difference I see is that if the
priority order goes in as you state my described edge case needs a PC to
fix. If the priority order goes in as I ask both our edge cases can be
bandaged "in the field" with simple file manipulation (copy, paste,
rename) from within Rockbox.

--soap