Subject: Re: Embedded albumart

Re: Embedded albumart

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 17:14:21 -0600

On 2/13/2011 5:10 PM, David Hall wrote:
> The example I see presented here is just another in the infinite list of
> possibilities. The difference is with my priority order a repair can be
> made within rockbox, with the other way it can not. Neither address the
> root cause of confusion and without detailed statistics which will not
> be gathered there is no way for either side to claim their described
> case is more likely.

If I have a folder jpeg, and I want my embedded art to be used for a
single song, or subset of songs, how do I fix this on the player other
than removing the folder image and making duplicates of it for every
individual song in the folder? I'm not sure I see this as really
"fixable" on the player in any practical sense.

If it needs to be fixable on the player, wouldn't a much simpler
solution be a plugin you can "open with" that strips embedded album art
(or even allows the optional export of it)? While this requires a bit of
developer effort, it means that any time a single embedded image is
used, you need to perform one action rather than potentially dozens
including probably use of the virtual keyboard.