Subject: Re: Embedded albumart

Re: Embedded albumart

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 17:35:52 -0600

On 2/13/2011 5:29 PM, David Hall wrote:

> That's exactly how it can be fixed.
>
> It really doesn't matter if you find that practical or not. It is
> doable, period. The priority scheme you propose is backed with nothing
> other than edge cases, just as mine. They are equally valid concerns,
> and unless there is some reason to suspect your edge case is somehow
> "better" than my edge case one should err on the side of PC-independence.

Do you honestly think it's realistic that someone would copy a file out
of a folder, then enter a dozen filenames in the virtual keyboard? You
can't even see the filenames of the files you're matching, and you have
to match them character-for-character. I'm not sure such an impractical
solution is particularly realistic, while yes it is technically possible.

In a similar sense, mightn't it also be technically possible to open up
the mp3 files in the text editor, and manually edit the tags out of
them? I'm just saying, if we're going to consider impractical things on
being technically possible... But ignoring the hyperbole, I just really
don't think it's much of a solution.