Subject: Re: Embedded albumart

Re: Embedded albumart

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 18:05:51 -0600

On 2/13/2011 5:59 PM, David Hall wrote:
> On 02/13/2011 06:51 PM, Paul Louden wrote:
>
> Touché. See what happens when you think about my concern instead of
> steadfastly defending yours? ;)

I took your statement "it cannot be fixed on the player" for granted,
and didn't exam it, I'll admit that. So given that it's easier to fix
the proposal where individual filed overrides embedded, but embedded
overrides folder (and everything else) on the player, than having files
always override embedded, are there other concerns? That being said, I
could argue that you should've examined the original proposal you were
against more thoroughly and caught that it could indeed already meet
your needs. ;) We both missed it.

I will say, it may not *always* be easier to fix, but I think the
assumption that the majority of files will either have intentional
embedded album art, or not have it, and that it will be a minority that
has unintentional embedded album art is the one we should make. The
assumption should, generally be, that mistakes will be the minority case
(when we don't have numbers to the contrary) in my opinion. And unless
I've missed something, as long as the mistake is the minority case,
having one-rename-per-mistake is the lowest cost you can get for fixing
it on-player.