Subject: Re: Embedded albumart

Re: Embedded albumart

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 18:38:54 -0600

On 2/13/2011 6:28 PM, David Hall wrote:

> No, my only concern (upon reexamining) is that embedded does not trump all.

I think most of us who've spoken up here agree it shouldn't trump all.
We're just negotiating where up the line it should fit. I can definitely
relate to the podcast case, and I wonder if there's a way to fix it
while still preserving the ability to have an "umbrella" image for say,
a mixed folder where some may have individual art and some may not. It
doesn't seem likely, since basically you'd want some umbrella images to
take precedence over embedded, and others not to.

Since it will also take ../albumtitle.{jpeg,jpg,bmp} (this seems odd,
wouldn't ../foldername.extension make more sense?) and
../cover.{jpeg,jpg,bmp}, maybe ./cover.{jpeg,jpg,bmp} takes priority
over embedded, but ../cover.{jpeg,jpg,bmp} doesn't? Putting embedded
album art behind any files that share a folder with it, but ahead of any
files in the parent folder?

This offers, I think, the most flexibility and, unless I'm missing
something else, allows you to cover all the use cases.

Though, again, I really think ../foldername.jpg makes more sense than
../albumtitle.jpg