Subject: Re: Embedded albumart

Re: Embedded albumart

From: Thomas Martitz <>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 11:03:45 +0100

Am 13.02.2011 21:31, schrieb Alex Parker:
> Now I'm guessing here that by directory art you meant e.g. folder.jpg,
> that is applied to all tracks in the directory, in which case I
> disagree with you (for the reasons below). If you meant on the other
> hand track art, such as filename.jpg, where there is an individual
> image file for each track then I agree with you.
> Imagine you have ten songs, one of which has embedded art. For that
> song you want to use the embedded image, for the other 9 you want to
> use a single other image. If embedded trumps directory, then no
> problem, copy a directory image over and it'll work - the one
> different track will use embedded, the rest will use folder.jpg.
> If the directory art beats embedded however, then if you want anything
> other than the same image for all files, then now all files have to
> have embedded art as otherwise no matter what else you have the single
> folder.jpg will win. Less flexible IMO.
> Alex

FWIW, I made embedded AA beat external AA because it was most simple
code-wise. They have different detection mechanisms.

I don't mind if filename.jpg overrides embedded AA, but I strongly
disagree that folder.jpg (or similar, i.e. album level AA) should cancel
out track level AA, be it embedded or external.

Best regards.