Rockbox mail archive
Subject: WPS on RaaA
1) Currently RaaA (Android, Maemo etc.) follow the same system as normal
targets for the play/pause icon on the WPS - they show playback state.
However on a touchscreen this feels odd as they should show what
clicking on the icon will do. I'd like to swap this.
2) At least on android 480x800 ffwd/rew are hidden behind the RB logo
unless you touch the screen first, but if you touch the logo then you
end up either fast forwarding or rewinding by accident. I don't know
why they are hidden and I'd like to show them permanently.
3) When we are e.g. fast forwarding then what should the play/pause
icon/button show? Stay showing play, or show that we are in ffwd?
4) Further, I think play/pause should be between ffwd/rewind.
5) Do we want a stop button? I currently want to regularly stop playback
not just pause as on android the only way to get rid of the
notificiation bar stuff is to stop playback. For me, I'd just get rid
of the notification bar stuff when paused too, but I imagine some people
would like to keep it to easily resume playback. Long press is
available on touch screen, but long pressing play (or even pause when
the icons are swapped) to stop didn't occur to me at first.
1) and 2) I think should definitely change and I'd like to go ahead and
do that, 3) I don't mind - if there is no big consensus then I'll leave
it as it is, 4) I'm a little less fussed about and someone else would
need to change the background and 5) I just don't know :)
Received on 2011-02-24
Page was last modified "Jan 10 2012" The Rockbox Crew