Subject: FAT driver rework (FS#11958)

FAT driver rework (FS#11958)

From: Michael Sparmann <theseven_at_gmx.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 12:02:02 +0100

After the latest fixes, my FAT driver rework in FS#11958
<http://www.rockbox.org/tracket/task/11958> seems to work fine for me.

That patch is basically doing the following:
- Remove all on-stack sector buffers
- Add one statically allocated sector buffer that's arbitrated amongst
the code needing it (Updating FSINFO, clearing newly-allocated directory
clusters, mounting partitions, ...)
- Make sure that all static sector buffers are cacheline aligned
- Block passthrough of unaligned multi-sector file accesses if
STORAGE_NEEDS_ALIGN is defined, and instead push them through the file's
sector buffer.

Now I need lots of testers for it, as that part of the code is rather
critical. It would also be nice if anyone familiar with the FAT driver
could review the patch.

If no further bugs are being found and I don't get serious objections,
I'd like to get this thing committed during the next couple of days to
make sure it gets the maximum possible testing before the next release.

TheSeven