Subject: Re: Problem building voices using Cygwin

Re: Problem building voices using Cygwin

From: Magnus Holmgren <magnushol_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 21:23:16 +0100

On 2011-02-28 15:30, Andrew Hart wrote:

> I have successfully built RB for the H140 and am trying to build the
> corresponding voice file. However, I'm receiving an error compiling
> rbspeex:

<...>

> I'm no guru when it comes to making things, but it seems that the -no-cygwin
> flag (whatever that is) has been removed from the gcc compiler.

It has. It is now a "proper" cross-compiler, which is available as a separate
package. With some Makefile modifications, you should be able to use
mingw64-i686-gcc-core. I haven't tried it myself, so I don't know if more than
Makefile changes are needed.

> The cygwin installation has gcc 4.3.4 20090804 (release) 1. The m68k-elf gcc
> is V4.5.2 (as installed by rockboxdev.sh). I'm guessing this has something to
> do with rbspeexenc and rbspeexdec wanting to be compiled without dependence
> on the cygwin compatibility layer, but i'm not sure how to go about fixing
> it. I've beben googling, but haven't located anything that helps as yet.

A simpler solution is to install gcc-3.4.4. Then run set-gcc-default-3.sh to
set gcc-3 as default, and build rbspeex with that. I just tried building rbspeex
with gcc-3 and it worked fine.

To set gcc-4 as default again, run set-gcc-default-4.sh.

--
   Magnus