Subject: Re: Google Summer of Code 2011 ideas needed!

Re: Google Summer of Code 2011 ideas needed!

From: Dave Hooper <dave_at_beermex.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 17:00:04 +0700

I had a couple of thoughts, although I don't know if they've been discussed
previously or not:

Multiple-select in file browser, playlist browser, etc. Enables user to move
a number of files around in one go (particular useful in playlist browser
imho). Could be done alongside Steve's suggestion perhaps.
Along same lines, ability to have a prompted "insert here" on context menu
in file browser, to enable user to select a file and insert or queue into a
specific place in playlist (and combined with multiple select I think this
would be very powerful on-the-go playlist functionality).

Regression test framework: ability to run test suites both on-target and
on-sim. Test suites would consist of some kind of language specifying api
calls and expected behaviour/output. Could also have different kinds of test
suites, not just apis - that's just my first suggestion.