Subject: Re: Google Summer of Code 2011 ideas needed!

Re: Google Summer of Code 2011 ideas needed!

From: Amaury Pouly <>
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 15:36:57 +0100

> What about the idea of using our FAT code in simulator? There was not
> complete patch somewhere on FS allowing to pass simulator disk image
> file as an argument and all access was done through our FAT driver.
> This would fit nicely into idea of testing framework.
I wrote some code to do it (it was rather simple) but something was
preventing rockbox from booting, I didn't try too hard to debug it since at
the time there were changes made to the I/O (because of raaa mainly) and the

But I think this is a nice idea, not only for FAT but for the storage layer
in general.