Subject: Re: Google Summer of Code 2011 ideas needed!

Re: Google Summer of Code 2011 ideas needed!

From: alex wallis <>
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2011 21:12:01 +0000

On 06/03/2011 18:59, Mike Giacomelli wrote:
> > What about extending the aiff codec to play a wider variety of aiff
> files?
> We already support something like 2 dozen AIFF formats. If you want to
> add another I don't mind, but I think this is more like a few hours
> work, not a GSOC project.
aah, well seeing as I am not a coder, I don't really know what's
involved, but it was just a thought.
I just thought of it, as my files won't play under rockbox, and I am not
sure why, I just presumed it might be because of the specifications in
the manual which say how aiff files should be in order for rockbox to
play them.