Subject: Re: Google Summer of Code 2011 ideas needed!

Re: Google Summer of Code 2011 ideas needed!

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 09:44:44 +1100

On 7 March 2011 08:48, Frank Gevaerts <frank_at_gevaerts.be> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 05:00:04PM +0700, Dave Hooper wrote:
>> Multiple-select in file browser, playlist browser, etc. Enables user to move
>> a number of files around in one go (particular useful in playlist browser
>> imho). Could be done alongside Steve's suggestion perhaps.
>> Along same lines, ability to have a prompted "insert here" on context menu
>> in file browser, to enable user to select a file and insert or queue into a
>> specific place in playlist (and combined with multiple select I think this
>> would be very powerful on-the-go playlist functionality).
>
> One more of these longstanding wishlist things :)
> I find it hard to guess if this is about the right amount of work for
> gsoc. Thoughts?

I dont think this is big enough for gsoc, I'd say much more likely
that this is about the right size (or just too big) for a test project
(it could simply be done by adding another (few) calback(s) to the
list struct which is called to mark an item (de)selected, one to check
if a given item is selected, and lastly one (or maybe the previous
one) which can just be used in a loop to get the next selected item.
the remainder of the work is adding support to the various lists for
this (of which it really is only the browsers and onplay.c)

Jonathan