Subject: Re: Database and bookmarks/playlists

Re: Database and bookmarks/playlists

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2011 06:00:36 -0600

On 3/7/2011 5:52 AM, pondlife wrote:

> My main argument is for simplicity (both code and user support).
>
> How often does a user add/remove files and resume without re-querying? IMHO
> that's a fairly rare case not worth the code and confusion.

What I like about the idea of "queries as playlists" is that it leads to
smart-playlist like functionality. You can have a "Unheard" query
playing, and each time you update the player, resume on power-on will
begin playing only unheard songs without you having to requeue each time.

Basically, if we ever see "smart playlists" which is an occasionally
requested feature, I expect the queries-in-playlists things will happen
anyway, so I'd see this as improving featureset.

Maybe an option, within the database, for "Insert Query" as a separate
way to do this. I dunno.