Subject: Re: Database and bookmarks/playlists

Re: Database and bookmarks/playlists

From: pondlife <>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 12:33:45 -0000

> Basically, if we ever see "smart playlists" which is an occasionally
> requested feature, I expect the queries-in-playlists things will happen
> anyway, so I'd see this as improving featureset.

That's a good point - something I'd really like too (hence my query-file
feature suggestion).

However, I'd still want to do something explicit to refresh the playlist,
rather than have it automatic/compulsory. Maybe a "Refresh Playlist" entry
in a context menu? That could then trigger the usual warning if the
playlist has been manually edited, so there would be no need to special-case
those any further.