Subject: Re: Database and bookmarks/playlists

Re: Database and bookmarks/playlists

From: Mike Holden <>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 12:54:12 -0000

pondlife wrote:
> My main argument is for simplicity (both code and user support).
> How often does a user add/remove files and resume without
> re-querying? IMHO
> that's a fairly rare case not worth the code and confusion.

Actually, I do this quite regularly.

I have a directory that contains a large number of radio programs
(think podcasts here). I choose one to play, and may not finish
listening to that episode before switching the player off. Next time
I start up, I want to resume from where I left off. Now if I re-sync
the player with the computer between listening sessions, there's a
good chance that some files will have been deleted and others added
to that directory, making the resume pick up the wrong file.

To get round this, I try to only re-sync when I know I've been
listening to music rather than podcasts at the last session, but
this is hit and miss, and needs me to be organised - not always easy

Mike Holden