Subject: Re: FS#11615 - dynamic screen size.. time to commit

Re: FS#11615 - dynamic screen size.. time to commit

From: Jonathan Gordon <>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 23:05:41 +1100

On 13 March 2011 23:00, Maurus Cuelenaere <> wrote:
> I'd liked to have these fixed before the patch is committed.
> My thinking was to create a new build utility which would create several
> arrays containing these bitmaps (instead of 1 for each now)
> and add some glue code which would pick the correct one at runtime.
> However, adding them to the zip and loading them from disk doesn't sound bad
> either.

RaaA targets *generally* have better disk access than real targets,
a bunch of bitmaps (it also allows the user to change the boot logo
which is something which has come up plenty of times in the last few

> Same here, but I don't think much plugins should be included for RaaA (only
> credits, pictureflow, properties, ..).
I didnt spend much time here but credits should be doable, pictureflow
uses the LCD_HEEIGHT/WIDTH defines alot, i spent no time investigating
further. properties works fine.

>> * a few settings have hard coded (but mostly arbitrary) values which
>> are calculated from the screen size, how do we deal with that?
yes this is doable, I dont tihnk we should do this though. it will add
a fair bit of bloat for 0 gain.