Subject: RE: GSoC optimization projects

RE: GSoC optimization projects

From: Mike Giacomelli <>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 10:16:46 -0700

> However, I'm concerned about my lack of
> experience with DSP and codecs--I know the basic concepts, but I've
> never worked on nontrivial DSP or codec code. I'll start researching and
> looking through the source, but I'd appreciate any suggestions for
> exercises or references, so I can determine whether one of these
> projects would be a good choice for me.

Hopefully you've taken a class in signals and systems and are good with c or assembly. But theres no formal requirements.
Try pinging saratoga, buschel, mt, preglow, linuxstb, stripwax, or one of the other codec people on our IRC channel. They can give you more specific answers about whats involved with each codec project.