Subject: Re: Google Summer of Code 2011 ideas needed!

Re: Google Summer of Code 2011 ideas needed!

From: Trevor <thals1992_at_frontier.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 16:08:39 -0400

Music/Audio Category

One idea that was supposed to be implemented but I havn't seen it, was video
game music emulation for 80's-90's consoles.
I'm not a coder but it would take a good amount of time to implement some of
the commonly used formats such as the following
■2SF
■AY
■DSF
■GBS
■GSF
■HES
■KSS
■MDX
■NSF
■NSFE
■PSF
■PSF2
■RSN
■S98
■SAP
■SC68
■SID
■SPC
■SSF
■USF
■VGM
■WSR
■YM
Systems:
■Amiga
■Atari ST
■Atari 8-bit
■C64
■CPC
■Dreamcast
■DS
■gameboy
■GBA
■GENESIS
■gg
■MSX
■N64
■NES
■SMS
■PC88
■PC98
■PS1
■PS2
■Saturn
■SNES
■Spectrum
■TG16
■X68000

Another idea would be to decode the time markers implemented in .wav files
(those files just are completely static when played) for Sony's Acid product
line.

NOTE: the idea was submitted to the bug tracker but was dismissed years ago.