Subject: 3.9 release schedule (and devcon)

3.9 release schedule (and devcon)

From: Alex Parker <>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 22:30:34 +0100

Hello chaps,

The current 3.9 release schedule can be seen here:

As you can see, the freeze is scheduled for Monday 13 June with the
normal schedule thereafter. I've moved the main events to Mondays from
Sundays in the hope that people are less likely to turn up with last
minute patches on a Monday than at the weekend and thus save me a few
rounds of compilation :) This does however mean that it'll have to be
squeezed in after I get home from work, so there will only be one round
of compiling on the Monday - if you miss the cut-off then so be it - you
have all been warned! :)

This is shortly after Devcon is scheduled (the weekend of the 4th/5th of
June) but long enough that I don't think it should interfere; trunk will
still be open for fiddling during Devcon. However, if anyone thinks
that the release should be moved, then speak up.